Supporting our clients through Covid-191st June 2020
Following several months of closure, we’re happy to announce that from 1st June, we will be reopening our clinics in a limited capacity.
Our top priority is the health and wellbeing of all of our clients and staff. With this in mind, we will be reopening with several strict new measures in place to ensure safety for everyone. Initially, we will be open for emergency and waiting list appointments only.
This will change after several weeks when we hope to see more of you and help you out with any hearing problems you may have encountered during lockdown. We will provide an update here when we’re available for regular appointments.
With our imminent reopening, we’ve also put together a 10-step plan that will allow us to provide a safe environment for both you and our wonderful team and their families.
Below, you’ll see a video of Oliver, our director, and Danielle, one of our senior audiologists, talking you through these steps and explaining how they’ll help to ensure your safety.
If you can’t access the video or would prefer to read it, please see the full 10-step plan below:
- Every visit to the branch will now be by appointment only. No “walk-ins”. This includes battery and accessory purchases which will be ordered over the phone and fulfilled through the postal system.
- We will be operating a locked door policy to limit the number of people in the practice at any one time.
- We will be contacting you the day before your appointment for a “symptom check” to ensure that neither you or anyone in your household is symptomatic.
- Upon arrival for your appointment, you will be asked to wash your hands before we can start. We will also be using infrared thermometers to check your temperature before the appointment can proceed.
- High-quality PPE will be provided for both staff and patients during your visit.
- For now, we will no longer be providing teas, coffees or use of our toilet facilities during your visit.
- We will be extending our appointment times to carry out procedures safely whilst maintaining social distancing where possible. This will ensure only one patient can see one clinician at a time. It will also allow for an empty waiting room.
- After every appointment, we are dedicating 15 minutes to clean the practice before starting our next appointment.
- We will be introducing you to the newest updates in technology which may allow us to see you and programme your hearing aids remotely from the safety of your own home. (Make and hearing aid model dependent)
- For the safety of all, payments will be by credit or debit card (preferably over the telephone before appointments) or by BACS transfer only.